Fresh summer vegetables. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Both combined on toasted whole grain bread. A summertime treat even your worst enemy will love. This veggie sandwich is healthy and just plain yummalicious!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and Fresh Veggie Sandwich…
is just plain awesome and it only takes a few minutes to make if you’ve already made my Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Use really course whole grain bread because it makes all the difference in the world. Pop the bread into the toaster while chopping veggies. Once the bread is toasted, smooth the hummus onto both sides.
Slice avocado, then place the slices on one side of the sandwich. Salt and pepper to taste.
You’re getting there!
Add fresh spinach and kale on top of the hummus on the other side of the sandwich. Then place banana pepper rings on top of the spinach and kale. On the other side place the sliced tomato on top of the avocado. Finish with a sprinkling of sunflower seeds onto both sides. Quickly yet gently put the sides together and you have…
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and Fresh Veggie Sandwich. Enjoy!
Roasted red bell pepper hummus. Fresh summer vegetables. Both combined on toasted whole grain bread. A summertime treat even your worst enemy will love. This veggie sandwich is healthy and just plain yummalicious!
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (or as we call it at home – Texas Sunset Hummus)
- Several fresh pieces of spinach and/or kale or a mixture of both
- Banana Pepper slices
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Medium sized Tomato
- Roasted, salted Sunflower seeds (just a sprinkling or more, whichever you prefer)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast 2 slices of whole grain bread
- Evenly coat each slice evenly with thin layer of Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. If a thin layer isn’t enough, add a bit more.
- On one piece of toast, add a few pieces of spinach and/or kale or both to cover the hummus.
- Then top the spinach/kale with a few slices of banana peppers.
- Slice half of the avocado and place the slices on top of the hummus on the other piece of toast.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add several thin slices of tomato.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top of tomato.
- Gently lift the other piece of toast with the spinach and banana peppers and place it on top of the piece of toast with the tomatoes, etc.
- Cut in half.