Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta. Roasted red peppers, onion and garlic all mixed into an incredibly comforting flavor packed creamy sauce that you simply mix with your favorite gluten free pasta. And what makes this pasta recipe stand out from the rest? There’s a secret ingredient! 😎
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is pasta at its best.
I love roasted veggies. And I love roasted red peppers, red onions and garlic all mixed together. Oh how the kitchen starts to smell that wonderful “yum what’s cooking?” smell.
This recipe is super easy. While you’re roasting all the veggies you can be boiling the pasta. Quick, easy, healthy and delicious.
The secret ingredient!
So I’ve read other roasted red pepper recipes and they are all kinda the same. I, of course, wanted to make this my own. So to make it super creamy and over the top flavorful I added white beans! Yes, white or Cannellini beans. These little white powerhouse beans add protein, fiber, iron and calcium. Gotta love me some beans. 🙂
My Carnivore hubby said “I could drink this sauce with a spoon!”
This is really a good recipe. It’s not very time consuming, it’s hearty and healthy. The gluten free pasta alone adds SO much protein that you don’t need any other plant based protein added. And that’s not even counting the protein from the beans and nutritional yeast. It’s not costly to make yet it can fill up even the hungriest of tummies. Enjoy!
Roasted red peppers, onion and garlic all mixed into an incredibly comforting flavor packed creamy sauce that you simply mix with your favorite gluten free pasta.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash the red bell peppers. Rough chop the peppers and 1/2 the red onion.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Put the peppers and onions on the foil. Sprinkle with a bit of olive oil and mix with your hands to make sure all pieces are covered slightly in oil. Add the 3 cloves of garlic and put into the oven for 15 minutes. You want the veggies roasted but not shriveled or with black or browned skin.
- While veggies are roasting, cook pasta according to package directions. Once done, drain, rinse and set aside.
- After the veggies are roasted place them into a food processor along with the can of white beans AND it’s liquid, the nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes and Adobo seasoning.
- Process until creamy. You might have to stop half way and scrape any bits from the sides with a spatula then replace lid and continue processing.
- Toss with pasta.
- Serves 4.
- Best if served immediately. If it sits too long the pasta will absorb some of the flavors of the sauce.
- I use 1 full teaspoon of red pepper flakes and 1 full teaspoon of Adobo seasoning. If you think that might be too salty or too hot for you, then try 1/2 of each first, process the sauce and taste it. If you want more salt add more Adobo seasoning. If you want more heat add more red pepper flakes.
- Keeps for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Does not freeze.
Keywords: Vegan Pasta, Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Italian Vegan Food, Italian Food, Gluten Free Pasta