Super Tasty Pantry Marinara Sauce with Pasta is absolutely one of my favs. It is SO easy yet SO delicious. Great for a middle of the week meal when you’re stretched for time.
Super Tasty Pantry Marinara Sauce with Pasta is absolutely one of my favs. I just had to say that again because it is SO true. Ok, back to the post.
You know the drill. You run home after work. You’re tired. Everyone is hungry. Kids still need help with their homework. Hubby wants attention. You’re out of fresh veggies. All you can think of to do is to order a pizza. But tomorrow night you have to have pizza for the kids after school function. You’re at a total loss. All eyes are on YOU. You’re starting to panic. Your mind is whirling.
S T O P!
Just grab a few cans of tomatoes and a few herbs from your pantry, toss them all into a pot and simmer. Boil your favorite pasta. Mix altogether. Presto Chango. Super Yumminess.
I’m not putting a lot of “prep” photos in this post because there’s not a lot of prep. This recipe even makes scrolling easier.
Added bonus!!!! The marinara sauce is Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten Free. If following a Gluten Free diet, please use the Gluten Free pasta of your choice.
When life throws you little time, you make Super Tasty Pantry Marinara Sauce with Pasta.
You’re welcome. 😉Print
Super Tasty Pantry Marinara Sauce with Pasta is absolutely one of my favs. It is SO easy yet SO delicious. Great for a middle of the week quick yet homemade meal.
- 2 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 8 ounces cans tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic handy)
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces pasta of your choice (if on a gluten free diet then please choose a gluten free pasta)
- Put all ingredients (except pasta) into a medium sized pot (with lid) or a deep skillet (with lid). Cover with lid.
- Heat over medium heat until sauce comes to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for approximately 45 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down and sauce has thickened. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and burning.
- About 10 to 12 minutes before sauce is done, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta when done.
- Dish pasta into bowls, ladle Marinara sauce over pasta.
- Garnish with fresh basil, roasted pine nuts, parmesan cheese, whatever you like.
- Makes 4 cups of sauce.
- Can make ahead and freeze so it’s ready to thaw and heat anytime you need it.
- Can easily half recipe if only serving 2 to 4.
- This sauce is Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten Free. If adding pasta and on a Gluten Free diet, be sure and only add Gluten Free pasta. If Vegan and adding cheese, use only Vegan cheese.
- Nutritional information at the bottom is for the sauce only because different types of pasta (i.e. gluten free) will have different nutritional values. Please take into consideration the nutritional information on the box of the pasta you decide to cook.
Keywords: Italian, Marinara Sauce, Tomato Sauce, Spaghetti Sauce, Pasta, Quick meal, Weeknight meal.