Perfect Pico de Gallo is a super fresh blend of tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and green onions with just enough lime to give it that “woohoo fresh lime” taste. Super fresh. Healthy. Tasty. Gimmie!
Perfect Pico de Gallo – A Mexican food staple.
So you go to eat Mexican food and you want something on your tacos or burrito. You break out the avocado, which is always a must. But it just needs something to kick it up a notch. A little heat, a dose of fresh, a tang of lime. My friends, Perfect Pico de Gallo is the simple, quick and oh so delicious answer!
Prior to chopping the tomatoes, “hollow” them out as shown above in the picture. In other words, with your knife gently carve out the pulp, membrane and seeds leaving little halves ready to be chopped. Taking out the “insides” helps the pico de gallo not be full of liquid and turn to mush.
Mince the garlic, diced the jalapeno (I take out 80% of the membrane and seeds), chop the rest of the veggies, add a little salt and lime, mix it altogether, and you’re done. Instant yummy freshness!
A Fiesta in your mouth!
Simple. Quick. Easy. Fresh. Healthy. Gluten Free. Vegetarian. Vegan. Use it as a quick appetizer with chips, or a condiment on almost any Mexican food dish. Pico de Gallo – it’s just perfect. Try it on top of these awesome gluten free black bean enchiladas!
Perfect Pico de Gallo is a super fresh blend of tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and green onions with just enough lime to give it that “woohoo fresh lime” taste. Super fresh. Healthy. Tasty. Gluten Free. Vegetarian. Vegan
- 1 cup diced fresh garden “on the vine” tomatoes (pulp and seeds removed before dicing)
- 3/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 green onions with green stem, diced
- 1 jalapeno, 80% of seeds and membrane removed, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Leaves from 3 stems of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Remove pulp and seeds from 3 garden tomatoes. Dice remaining flesh. Should be approximately 1 cup. Place into mixing bowl.
- Add onion, green onions, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, salt, and lime juice into mixing bowl. Fold together gently with spoon or spatula.
- Serve immediately or place in refrigerator for later.
- Makes approximately 1.5 cups.
- Great as an appetizer with tortilla chips, or use as a condiment on almost any Mexican dish.
- Keeps in refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
Keywords: pico de gallo, mexican food, appetizer, healthy, vegetarian, gluten free, vegan